National Commission for Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings (NCCTHB) and NCCTHB Administration (NCCTHBA)
Address: Sofia 1797, 52A G.M. Dimitrov Boulevard, floor 1, office 107
Telephone:: 02 807 80 50
Fax: 02 807 80 59
- Monitors the implementation of the measures in the National Coordination Mechanism;
- Organises and coordinates the interaction among departments and organisations in relation to the implementation of the law;
- Determines and leads the implementation of the national policy and strategy in the area of combatting trafficking in human beings;
- Accepts reports about victims of trafficking in human beings;
- Organises shelters for temporary accommodation and centres for victims protection and support;
- Summarises and analyses data sent by NRM participants in relation to cases of trafficking in human beings.
- In Sofia – a shelter for temporary accommodation and a centre for protection and support for victims of trafficking in human beings;
- In Burgas – a shelter for temporary accommodation and a centre for protection and support for victims of trafficking in human beings; a shelter for long-term integration;
- In Varna – a shelter for temporary accommodation and a centre for protection and support for victims of trafficking in human beings.
It is responsible for the identification of victims of trafficking among foreign nationals on the territory of the Republic of Bulgaria, for gathering information and reporting to a prosecutor about the cases of trafficking in human beings.
Migration Directorate exercises administrative control over the stay of foreign nationals in the country and identifies third country nationals who are victims of trafficking. The Directorate is responsible for a number of administrative services such as issuance of permits for short-term, extended-term, long-term or permanent stay, extending the term of stay or withdrawing a stay permit.
There are two special homes for temporary accommodation of foreigners with Migration Directorate (in Sofia and in Lyubimets).
Ministry of Interior
It is responsible to ensure employment for victims of trafficking in human beings in the process of re-integration and to involve them in adult training programmes.
The main function of the Employment Agency is to register vacancies and persons who are actively looking for a job; to provide intermediation services to ensure employment for Bulgarian nationals in the country and abroad and for foreign nationals in Bulgaria; to develop and implement programmes and measures of employment and training targeted at specific groups of unemployed people.
The Employment Agency publishes a list of licenced intermediaries for work in the country and abroad as well as advice when looking for a job abroad to ensure protection against trafficking in human beings.
Employment Office Directorates are territorial structures through which information is also provided to foreign nationals about the issuance of work permits and the possibilities for employment. Advice is provided to employers who wish to hire third country nationals. A specialised employment and training programme for refugees is implemented via the Employment Offices in order to support the integration of foreigners who have obtained refugee or humanitarian status in the labour market.
Ministry of Education and Science
It is responsible for the informal identification of victims of trafficking among the nationals of countries outside the European Union seeking asylum in the Republic of Bulgaria and ensures their access to specialised help.
The State Agency for Refugees at the Council of Ministers has special competence in the area of implementing the State policy to provide international protection in the Republic of Bulgaria.
SAR identifies victims of trafficking from among third country nationals seeking asylum or international protection in Bulgaria and guarantees their access to services.
The following centres at SAR are functional:
- Transit Centre at the Bulgarian-Turkish border in the village of Pastrogor for registration, accommodation, medical examination and proceedings to determine the country which is competent to hear the application for international protection and proceedings to be granted international protection.
- Three registration and reception centres for registration and accommodation of foreigners who have lodged an application for international protection, accommodation, issuance of certifying documents, social and psychological support and others (in Sofia, Harmanli and Bania)
Prosecutor’s Office of the Republic of Bulgaria
Local Commissions for Combatting Trafficking in Human Beings
Address: Blagoevgrad 2700, 1 Georgi Izmirliev Square
Telephone: 073 86 77 77
Address: Burgas 8000, Youth Culture Centre, 47 Gladstone Street, floor 2
Telephone: 056 814 218
Address: Varna 9000, 43 8th Primorski Polk Boulevard
Telephone: 052 820 677
Fax: 052 820 675
Address: Veliko Tarnovo 5000, 2 Mother Bulgaria Square
Address: Montana 3400, 1 Izvor Street
Telephone: 096 30 54 71
Fax: 096 30 54 71
Address: Pazardzhik 4400, 2 Bulgaria Boulevard
Telephone: 034 40 22 41
Fax: 034 44 24 95
Address: Regional Administration, 1 Vazrazhdane Square, floor 1, office 218
Address: Plovdiv 4000, 160 September 6 Boulevard, office 3
Telephone: 032 622 136
Address: Ruse, 78 Pliska Street, Madara Block, entrance А
Telephone: 082/ 841918
Address: Sliven 8800, 1 Tzar Osvoboditel Street
Telephone: 044 61 11 336
Fax: 044 66 23 50
They implement the policies and activities to combat trafficking in human beings and support victims at the local level.
They coordinate the work with the local structures to implement the NRM measures.
The National Agency for Vocational Education and Training is a State authority at the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Bulgaria licensing activities in the system of vocational education and training, exercising control and assessing the quality of work of the licenced institutions, and coordinating the institutions involved in career orientation, vocational education and training.
The Agency ensures public access to the information related to licenced centres of vocational training and centres for information and career orientation.