Repatriation of a foreign victim of trafficking to the country of origin A foreign national who is a victim of trafficking may be repatriated only after a reliable risk assessment has been made, which shows that there are no factors threatening the victim’s life or health in the country of origin. Safe repatriation follows the mechanism described in the steps above. Forced removal from Bulgaria – expulsion – is organised when:
- The residence permit has expired;
- The criminal proceedings against the traffickers have ended;
- The trafficked person has valid identity documents;
- There is direct flight to the country of origin.
- Foreigners who have received protection status